• Customer Success Director
• Internship Opportunity
• News Editors
Who we are
BioCentury was founded 27 years ago by Karen Bernstein and David Flores to give the then-fledgling biotech industry analysis and commentary to support the creation of better medicines and innovative technologies for improving healthcare.
Our mission hasn’t changed, but our scope has. BioCentury is the leading global voice for CEOs and C-suite executives, VCs, regulators, public equity investors and other decision-makers throughout the global healthcare ecosystem. It is produced by a team of curious, creative writers and editors passionate about innovation from idea to patient.
Our readers tell us we are unique and value our independent perspective.
We are always on the lookout for talented writers and editors who want to join this mission. Who want to influence the direction of the biopharmaceutical industry. And who want to help shape our future as we advance in a world of continuous publishing and evolving digital formats.
We look for people who are curious, enthusiastic and creative. In particular, we seek people who are keen to challenge and be challenged, enjoy a fast-paced environment and thrive under the pressure of responding to current events intelligently in real time.
We like people who speak up; we have animated discussions that help us develop original, insightful ways of covering international developments in science, medicine, business and finance, pinpoint crucial issues and identify important trends. A sense of humor also helps.
We hire people from many backgrounds: Our founders started out in political science and sports journalism; the rest of us are a hodge-podge from science, finance, industry and more.
Our team is located throughout the U.S. and in the U.K. We are open to candidates who are motivated to do what we do, and work with colleagues across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Customer Success Director
Reports to: Head of Sales
KEY JOB OBJECTIVE
The Customer Success Director’s goal is to maximize long-term customer satisfaction from BioCentury’s platform of business analysis and data products, as measured by increasing subscriber usage, retention and account growth.
• As Customer Success Director, you will lead a new team that will directly engage with subscribers to maximize the long-term value of the user’s relationship with the Company and the continuing value they obtain from our products.
• Your team is responsible for developing and implementing best practices in customer onboarding, continuous customer engagement and customer support to enable our subscribers to maximize this value.
• The team will carry out onboarding of new trials and customers, answer user questions about use of the platform, and provide prompt technical and product support for individual, multi-seat and global accounts.
• You will work to improve metrics for time to engagement with new customers and users; speed of enrollment of new users; number of product demonstrations provided to new users; response times to user inquiries; number of high-touch contacts with individual users; and overall customer satisfaction.
• You will work closely with the Sales Account Management team to ensure new subscribers quickly adopt and use BioCentury’s products.
• You will partner with the Company’s Product Management & Marketing department to execute programs and improve functionality to increase use of BioCentury’s products, and to conduct regular customer surveys about product use, satisfaction and general business information needs.
• You will collaborate with BioCentury’s Business Development department to create Customer Success for attendees, speakers and sponsors of the Company’s executive-level bioindustry conferences in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
• You will provide customer feedback to enable internal stakeholders to increase product value, product usage, product improvements and improve our competitive position.
• To carry out these responsibilities, the Director and the Customer Success team will be required to effectively reach and communicate to multiple levels within an account, from the C-Suite to individual departments where our target user personas are employed.
To lead this team, the Customer Success Director will be required to develop a deep understanding of our clients’ business strategies and operating goals, competitive position, technical challenges, and financial position. Additionally, you will be expected to authoritatively and persuasively demonstrate how our products can be used to create value for customers.
• 7+ years’ experience managing B2B client relationships
• Demonstrated operational experience creating and managing Customer Success programs
• Ability to speak for the Company in Client settings, including the ability to articulate the Company’s positioning and value proposition
• Demonstrated experience managing a staff of customer service professionals
• Operational experience using CRM tools
• Ability to understand and analyze financial, industry, customer and usage data, using tools like Dynamics CRM, PowerBI, Excel and Google Analytics
• Ability to create well-written and client-ready deliverables using presentation tools
• Biopharmaceutical industry knowledge/experience highly desirable
• BA/BSc in science or marketing discipline is a plus
This is a full-time position located in the U.S. The Company’s main office is in Redwood City, Calif., but working from a home office is possible. The position requires working across multiple time zones with customers and staff throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and our audience.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Company-sponsored health and life insurance
• 401(k) plan
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editors are the bastion for ensuring articles are insightful, accurate, balanced, comprehensive, well written and rigorously researched. Editors often restructure stories, working with writers to produce content that has the intended impact and advances the thinking of our readers.
Editors work on short and long form content across all topics. We have assistant editors, associate editors, senior editors and executive editors.
These positions appeal to people who are keen to understand and explain the big picture, are organized, enjoy working collaboratively to create well-ordered arguments, and are sticklers for detail. Our editors use critical thinking and deploy domain expertise to ensure the full, relevant context is included in every article.
BioCentury is pursuing numerous initiatives involving machine learning, big data, data science, target science, and more, and is looking for interns in a part-time data entry and analyst role to interpret and validate business data as well as scientific content.
Now in its 27th year, BioCentury Inc is internationally recognized as the leading provider of value-added information, analysis and data for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, investors, academia and government.
BioCentury thoughtfully identifies and analyzes the strategic issues essential to the formation, development and sustainability of life science ventures. The company employs a fully integrated multimedia platform — including electronic publications, online data solutions, interactive websites, webcasts and conferences — to provide its audience with authoritative and up-to-date intelligence about corporate strategy, partnering, emerging technology, clinical data, public policy and financial markets. (Visit www.biocentury.com)
This work will be performed remotely under the guidance of a BioCentury project manager. It is an excellent learning opportunity for self-motivated and independent candidates. The internship would work with and support activity in the Editorial and Tech departments.
Per person weekly workload will be up to 20 hours per week for the period November 2019 to January 31, 2020.
- Biology or pharmacy background
- Business background (MBA, Master of Business & Science, or MBA-style business courses)
- Rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements.
All employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
News editors sit at the floodgates of today’s events, making coverage decisions based on the impact for our audience, and prioritizing stories according to our editorial objectives.
They develop original angles to go beyond the headlines, assign stories and oversee the daily production of well-reported and well-edited news items for a broad audience.
These positions appeal to highly organized, flexible people, capable of juggling multiple balls at once. News editors work in one of the most fast-paced roles and need to be able to assert good judgment in a short time and reprioritize assignments efficiently.
Writers are the life-blood of BioCentury: they create the content that drives the thinking of our readership. Writers develop original angles, build deep and extensive networks of sources, research topics and pitch ideas.
Curiosity is probably the most important quality; these positions appeal to people who like the challenge of finding leads, can turn ideas into well-articulated arguments and are good at critical thinking.
The best writers will want to build the network and reputation that BioCentury has developed over the last two decades with pharma executives, innovators, VCs, public investors, regulatory leaders, policymakers and other decision-makers globally.
While all writers cover all topics and write for all our journals, most develop domain expertise in one or more fields, which may include finance, dealmaking, clinical development or drug development in Europe or China.
If you are interested in our work, please send a cover letter explaining how you can contribute to BioCentury’s mission, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.