One of BCIQ's most useful features is its powerful search and list-building capability
that can be saved and reused from session to session. You can build a peer group
list of companies in any module and then use that list in any other module. This
allows you to use the results of a search in one module as the basis for a search
in another module.
The following example shows how to perform a complex search that BCIQ customers
have found useful.
- Identify un-partnered arthritis products
in development for NASDAQ-listed companies in the U.S. that went public in 2004
- In the Financing Module, click on All Companies
- Select Regions. Check the box next to U.S.
- Select Financing Type. Check the box next to All IPO financings.
- Select Financing Date. Check the box next to 2004.
- Click Display Table. A table of NASDAQ-listed U.S. companies that
went public in 2004 appears.
- Review all companies and financings in the table to make sure you want this list
of companies. If one company does not meet your requirements you can unselect that
company and it will not end up in your list of companies when you save the list.
- Select Save Companies and enter a name for the list
in the dialog box.
- Go to the Pipeline Analyst module, click on All Companies
and then select the list you just saved that will appear in the drop-down box.
- Select Disease Category. Enter Arthritis in the
Search text box. Click Search. Select Arthritis from the
list that appears. Click Add.
- Select Licensed/Unlicensed. Check the box next to All
- Click Display Table. The list of companies and their financings
will be displayed.
FULL ACCESS TO BIOCENTURY ONLINE INTELLIGENCE (BCIQ) AND THE BIOCENTURY ARCHIVES IS LIMITED TO AUTHORIZED SUBSCRIBERS WHO HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE BIOCENTURY USER AGREEMENT
. All contents Copyright © 1993-2013 BioCentury Publications, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The contents of this Web Site are protected under U.S. and foreign copyright and intellectual property laws, and no part of this Web Site or its contents may not be photocopied, reproduced or retransmitted in any form without the written consent of BioCentury, which may be requested from Reprints/Permissions
. BioCentury®; The Bernstein Report on BioBusiness™; The BioCentury 100™; and The Clear Route to ROI™; Because Real Intelligence is Hard to Find™; BCIQ™; and BioPharma’s Knowledge Center™ are trademarks of BioCentury Publications, Inc., P.O. Box 1246 San Carlos, CA 94070. SciBX® and SciBX: Science-Business eXchange® are trademarks of Nature America, Inc. that are jointly used by BioCentury Publications, Inc. and Nature America, Inc.